[Freeswitch-users] traffic and system monitoring

robert mundkowsky rfmundkowsky at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 19 18:02:10 UTC 2017

thanks.  This makes sense.

On Wednesday, July 19, 2017, 10:47:54 AM EDT, David Villasmil <david.villasmil.work at gmail.com> wrote:

Although HOMER is not bad for monitoring things like ACD/ASR GLOBALLY, it is not designed to be used as a monitoring tool. It is a tool to have the signaling handy for troubleshooting (it can also keep logs, RTCP, and other things), and for this, I don't know anything better that HOMER. HOMER is specifically designed to troubleshoot VoIP.
I've never used CACTI, however, it doesn't look to be a SIP monitoring tool, but a network monitoring tool, able to monitor CPU, MEMORY, ETC... It won't monitor ACD, ASR, NER (Although i suppose you can write some plugins)... which HOMER does GLOBALLY...
You could extend HOMER to monitor on a per-host level (I did a P/R just for this, but it hasn't been merged yet, as there's no GUI to show that data and I hate AngularJS)
In conclusion, Maybe you should think about using both, as they seem to complement each other.
Hope this helps
Regards,
Davidᐧ
Regards,