[Freeswitch-users] Are you planning on creating a "1.6 -> 1.8" upgrade notes document?

Ken Rice krice at freeswitch.org
Fri Jul 14 17:01:47 UTC 2017

The layout of the config files on the filesystem are not set in stone... The only thing set in stone is the base freeswitch.xml in your conf Directory.

This allows for flexibility in the actual config files in your config tree.

The changes Brian has been working on are based on just changing the config files. The config handling code in FreeSWITCH doesn’t require changes for this. As such, this does not affect someone copying their old configs into a master/1.8 install and just using them.

Any changes to actual config directives (which at this point I don’t think anything has actually changed) would be properly documented.

When it comes down to it the example configs we ship with FreeSWITCH, it's just an example of 1 way to do it.

Now back to the config changes Brian has been working on, As most of you are aware the FreeSWITCH team is quite small, and a project such as this requires many many person hours of work to maintain and continue adding new features. Brian put out a call for help from the community on this so that stake holders could help implement these changes and give feedback on them. However I don’t think he's received that much help on them and as such his other duties have slowed that project drastically. If you wish to help you can fork the git repo located at https://freeswitch.org/stash/projects/FS/repos/fs18configs/browse and propose pull requests.