[Freeswitch-users] from Asterisk sip.conf to FS

Nandy Dagondon nandy1925 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 05:31:12 UTC 2017

Pls see my comments below. Hope it helps.

Nandy Dagondon <https://camiguintelekom.wordpress.com/about-the-author/>

On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 9:23 PM, Valter Nogueira <valter at fastway.com.br>
wrote:

> I have an app that runs in Asterisk and I am trying port it to FS.
>
> Below, I pasted a small sip.conf that sums up all my needs.
>
> 1. We register out in a VOIP_PROVIDER
>
> 2. An external asterisk register in our asterisk as CLIENT01
>
> 3. Calls from CLIENT01 route to VOIP_PROVIDER
>
> 4. Yealink's, with ACL restrictions, also uses VOIP_PROVIDER to external
> calls
>
> 5. VOIP PROVIDER and Yealinks use one NIC (eth0)
>
> 6. CLIENT01 uses another NIC (eth1)
>
> In Asterisk all configs are keep together in sip.conf.
>
> However, in FS it seems I should spread out things in different configs
> parts.
>
> So:
>
> Should Yealink's accounts go into /usr/local/freeswitch/
> conf/directory/default?

No need since Yealink is registered to VOIP_PROVIDER, right?  Your public
dialplan should take care of the incoming calls - e.g. destination_number

> Should I put VOIP_PROVIDER in sofia's external profile?

Yes.

> Should I create an additional external profile to CLIENT01? Where should I
> define CLIENT01 account to allow it register in? In
> /usr/local/freeswitch/conf/directory/default?

CLIENT01 in directory/default but ... Yes, create a new profile so that it
will listen with the WAN IP address and new port (e.g. WAN_IP:5070 since
5060 listens to LAN clients registering to Freeswitch, port 5080 for
FreeSwitch to register to VOIP_PROVIDER. Search for "doublenat" profile
example in the Wiki.