[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH 1.8 and you!

Brian West brian at freeswitch.org
Sat Jan 28 04:44:31 MSK 2017

Dear FreeSWITCHers,

With the release date of 1.8 fast approaching and our annual developer
meeting is all next week.  I have to ask that you the FreeSWITCH community
to step up and help us next week.  I thank everyone that has already
contributed, but we've fallen short of our goal.

I would like to remind everyone how much time and effort it takes to mange
and maintain this project.  We the core team have spent countless hours to
bringing you FreeSWITCH at the low low price of $0.00 and we are working
diligently to keep it that way.

Unfortunately the power company and grocery stores look at me funny when I
try to pay with a diff file!  Comedy aside this is your chance to show some
appreciation to the team,  I personally have to thank Anthony for giving me
a chance to work with him way back when my age still started with the
number 2...

I've grown and learned more than I could have ever dreamed in this field
and managing an open source some can a very thankless job and at times
grinds you down! Then Anthony commits the latest feature or tweak and the
passion starts all over!

This is how you can donate to our engineering meeting next week:

http://www.gofundme.com/freeswitch-developer-meeting-2017

We have hotels, plane tickets and lunch and dinners to pay for!

The result of all of this you ask? FreeSWITCH 1.8, and after that just
think we'll be at FreeSWITCH 2.0!

I was here when the folder was empty!  We have more in store for our users
so stay tuned.

And remeber 🐜 go in JIRA!

Thanks,
/b

--

*Brian West*
brian at freeswitch.org

*Twitter: @FreeSWITCH , @briankwest*
http://www.freeswitchbook.com
http://www.freeswitchcookbook.com
https://www.gofundme.com/freeswitch_ubuntu

Got Bugs? Report them here <https://freeswitch.org/jira>! | Reddit:
/r/freeswitch <https://www.reddit.com/r/freeswitch>

*T:*+19184209001 | *F:*+19184209002 | *M:*+1918424WEST (9378)
*Skype:*briankwest