[Freeswitch-users] Influencing SIP message fields on outgoing calls through gateway

Mohit Gupta mohit.g81 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 00:09:26 MSK 2017

Hello - Can someone explain me how can I configure a gateway so that it
sets/unsets full or part of the SIP message fields specifically RURI, TO,
FROM, CONTACT and USER AGENT dynamically for each call 'bridged' to this
gateway. Also the SIP OPTIONS ping to use some statically configured values?

I can play with the params/variables for leg A (incoming) but unable to do
the same for leg B (outgoing). Exporting or static config aren't helping
much.

One example is if I like to use a SIP domain name e.g. sipdev.example.com
in SIP messages e.g. RURI of SIP OPTIONS.
But sipdev.example.com cannot be used for DNS lookup.
It is common across multiple instances and I would like send the calls to
specific instance based on called number.
If I set this in Gateway param "proxy", sofia tries to perform DNS lookup
before sending out SIP OPTIONS.
I am unable to find a way so that sofia takes the IP to send the message to
but uses the configured domain to format the SIP messages.

Is it possible by configuration or does it need some source modification?

Regards,
Mohit