[Freeswitch-users] A note from the Lead Developer. FreeSWITCH 1.8 Feature Requests

Mimiko vbvbrj at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 09:58:19 MSK 2017

On 25.01.2017 21:03, Anthony Minessale wrote:
> We are having an annual gathering to decide the roadmap for upcoming FreeSWITCH 1.8
> Now is your chance to propose some feature requests in this thread.  No guarantees, but this is the best time during our release cycle to daydream
> about the future.

Hello, Anthony.

Thank you and all other developers for this great telephony software.

As I now work on second job where is implemented asterisk with opensips and freepbx for voip services, I see how FS overcomes asterisk. The only
downside is the number of implementations and number of people in community. But this is because asterisk is in business more years.

I see people want to switch to FS, but the other applications are tied to asterisk's agi, and now is ari with json implementation. For example
predictives and callcenters.

FS already support asterisk's dialplan, but this is a little, as rewriting dialplan to xml is not so hard.

If FS will implement a module to emulate asterisk's ari for external software and will have and interface with json (like there is with xml, txt,
html) then this will be a good chance to seamless replace asterisk with FS without redesigning the applications and more people will get accommodate
with FS to future develop apps for FS.

Oh, there are sounds and say module for english, russian, german, france. Why there is not for romanian? For now I mix romanian sounds found on
asterisk's site.

Asterisk support SS7. As I know FS does not have this support, only if an SS7 to SIP external device exists. An SS7 module will be great to be able to
replace asterisk on such servers.

I've finally implemented cdr to Postgres and LCR from Mysql. mod_cdr_pg have list of variables mapped to fields in the table, mod_lcr have the ability
to write custom sql to retrieve data. Will be great if more modules could be customized with sql for data retrieve/insert.

Would be the built in web portal developed in future to support not only viewing of data, but also authentication with different user level, call
drop, spy, and other interesting features?

--
Mimiko desu.