[Freeswitch-users] should FS put/remove the call on hold on update request

Antonio Silva asilva at wirelessmundi.com
Thu Jan 26 02:27:00 MSK 2017

Hi all,

i've seem some dialog with avaya device and i'm not sure if the
behaviour is the correct from fs on update request. I have:

FS <--------> remote end

invite----->
     <---- trying
     <----- 200ok
     <----- invite (a=sendonly)
200ok (a=recvonly) ----- >
     <----- update (a=sendrecv)
(1)200 ok ---->
      <---- bye
ack ---->

in (1) FS do not change the call flow and it stays in hold. This is the
correct behaviour? should it process the update and remove the call from
hold, responding wih 200 ok (a=sendrecv) ?
I could file a jira if you think is a bad behaviour..

Normally, instead of the update would expect an invite (a=sendrecv)...
so i'm pretty sure that it could be a bug in the avaya device.

Thanks,
António