[Freeswitch-users] How are you using FreeSWITCH?

Florent Krieg flokrrr at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 19:29:38 MSK 2017

A few setups here (Sewan Group, French carrier, France):
- Freeswitch for SIP trunking platforms (1500+ trunk accounts provisioned
globally, 500 to 1000 simultaneous calls at peak per cluster, 3 clusters
and another new one soon-ish).
A cluster is an active/backup pair of physical servers where Freeswitch
acts mainly as a call processing and call routing SIP server (doing
billing, lcr, sip interworking plus some fancy tweaks for our customers).
HA is handled by keepalived and an active-active Mariadb setup.
- Freeswitch as an incoming fax2mail platform. 400k+ sessions handled over
the last 3 months (it's a recent migration from callweaver).
- Freeswitch as a multi-purposes platform (mainly handling outgoing number
portability, pre-announced calls used for paid services for instance - so
billing here is important - and emergency numbers lookup and translation).
In this setup, Kamailio is used to load-balance calls to Freeswitch hosts.
- Freeswitch used as a callcenter platform using a pool of servers that can
be automatically added/removed to handle scalability. 250+ callgroups
provisioned at the moment on a few virtualized hosts.
Dispatching and provisioning is handled by an in-house developed engine
(Consul + Python processes + Mariadb).

Florent