[Freeswitch-users] tls with letsencrypt

Brian West brian at freeswitch.org
Fri Jan 6 01:36:17 MSK 2017

How did you format the cert? and in what files did you put them in? and are
your permissions correct on those files?

On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 2:55 PM, ITwrx.org <info at itwrx.org> wrote:

> hi,
>
> i'm trying to use a letsencrypt generated cert with freeswitch but am
> not sure how to proceed. I've read the old and new wiki posts concerning
> tls but they don't seem to cover my exact scenario. It seems to me that
> freeswitch is looking into the configured "tls-cert-dir" for the
> hardcoded filename tls.pem and is expecting that a self generated ca has
> signed it. i have placed the fullchain.pem in that directory (generated
> with certbot) and have renamed it tls.pem but i guess it's not finding
> the CA sig it expects(?) as i'm getting:
>
> tport_tls.c:1044 tls_connect() tls_connect(0x373c000e8d0): TLS setup
> failed (error:00000005:lib(0):func(0):DH lib)
>
> when trying to connect with csipsimple from phone. I would like to avoid
> generating client certs signed by a custom CA where users have to copy
> the client cert and ca cert to their device as it adds complexity and
> problems. Is there a workaround or suggested method for using a
> letsencrypt cert with freeswitch so that clients like csipsimple can
> just validate against their built-in CA store?
>
> thanks in advance,
> ITwrx
>
> --
> Information Technology Works
> https://ITwrx.org
> @ITwrxorg

> http://confluence.freeswitch.org

*Brian West*
brian at freeswitch.org

*Twitter: @FreeSWITCH , @briankwest*
http://www.freeswitchbook.com
http://www.freeswitchcookbook.com
https://www.gofundme.com/freeswitch_ubuntu

Got Bugs? Report them here <https://freeswitch.org/jira>! | Reddit:
/r/freeswitch <https://www.reddit.com/r/freeswitch>

*T:*+19184209001 | *F:*+19184209002 | *M:*+1918424WEST (9378)
*Skype:*briankwest