[Freeswitch-users] DTMF SIP Info or rfc2833 (rfc 4733)

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 20:01:42 MSK 2017

The 4733 is just an update to 2833 and its basically the same in terms of
our usage so you can consider the names interchangeable.
There is no way to negotiate SIP INFO DTMF so you can enable it as needed.
If you want to send INFO DTMF you can set the variable dtmf_type=info in
the outbound dial string.

INFO is the most reliable when used with TCP, 2833 is more reliable over
UDP.
INFO traverses the signaling patch where 2833 traverses the media so there
are considerations to make.  There is no best.

On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 10:49 AM, Mimiko <vbvbrj at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> What is better to use as standard for DTMF: SIP Info or rfc2833 ? In sip
> profile I can set <param name="liberal-dtmf" value="true"/> so, FS will
> accept both types of DTMF standard, while FS always send rfc2833. Why FS
> always send in rfc2833 and not the agreed with client like is the case
> of audio codecs? Is rfc2833 in FS a rfc4733 in the code, and is named
> rfc2833 in wiki?
>
> --
> Mimiko desu.

> http://confluence.freeswitch.org