[Freeswitch-users] Audio cut off at the begin of the verto call to sip external voicemail

José Lopes jose.lopes at itcenter.com.pt
Thu Jan 5 17:35:45 MSK 2017

Hello Guys,

I have audio cut off at the begin of the verto call to  FreeSwitch that
redirect to sip external voicemail (Access voicemail mailbox) .

This happen when I use PCMU at verto codecs and sip codecs (if i use opus
at verto codecs, there is no issue, but this causes audio transcoding) .

At dialplan i used the example "Bridging from WebRTC (mod_verto) to
PSTN/ITSPs" from
https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/mod_verto.
I notice if i remove the playback action, there is no issue. But I need the
playback action to send rtp packets to verto client.

I simulate this using another FreeSwitch as external voicemail server and I
only listen "id followed by pound" from the initial message of voicemail
("Please enter your id followed by pound").
The log of this call is at https://pastebin.freeswitch.org/view/507fa115

What I can do to use PCMU at verto codecs and sip codecs on type of call?
Should i open a issue on FreeSwitch JIRA ?

Best regards,
Jose Lopes