[Freeswitch-users] In proxy_media mode, RTCP is not proxied or activated

Richard Chan richard at treeboxsolutions.com
Mon Feb 27 05:01:48 MSK 2017

Hi,

The use case is: customer wants the ability to use custom algorithms in
their UAs (don't ask!?) without a crypto bridge in the B2BUA. Any
suggestions? Originally, I thought proxy media would do the trick - pass
media packets without any attempt at interpretation but I noticed RTCP
wasn't being  activated (I think it was back in the 1.2.x days, I have an
ancient 1.2.5 that does activate RTCP). Any suggestions?

( We haven't looked at ZRTP fully, but validating the session string/PIN
seems to make it a non-starter in the customer's use case.)

​Richard