[Freeswitch-users] spandsp_start_fax_detect sometimes miss fax detection

Yehavi Bourvine yehavi.bourvine at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 09:16:00 MSK 2017

Hello,

  I am using the above application to detect an incoming fax. My dialplan
has the following code:

<action application="set" data="execute_on_answer=spandsp_start_fax_detect
transfer 'fax_${dest}' XML ${context}' 10 cng"/>

When using the same fax machine to send, sometimes it detects the fax,
sometimes not. This  mainly happens when the call lands into voicemail;
when answering the call the success rate is much higher (almost 100%).

Is there any way to "tune" this detection? Or shall I use something
different than "execute_on_answer" for voicemail?

                 Thanks! __Yehavi: