[Freeswitch-users] INSERT command failed: ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8"

Mimiko vbvbrj at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 17:03:15 MSK 2017

Hello.

This error I get for some cdr log in pg using mod_cdr_pg_csv:

2017-02-13 14:52:52.859613 [CRIT] mod_cdr_pg_csv.c:274 INSERT command failed: ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xee646f
HINT:  This error can also happen if the byte sequence does not match the encoding expected by the server, which is controlled by "client_encoding".

I've found that this is related to "caller name" field. In FS "caller name" is populated from a MySQL table in UTF8 using odbc. The cdr is logged to
Postgres database in UTF8. No where in configs I specify encoding. The failed log is spewed in xml log file from which I manually take the insert
command and pull it in Postgres. The file is encoded in ascii, so I correct the missing letters. If the caller name does not contain any character if
code > 128, all works ok. The problem is with characters for other languages.

Where is the culprit?

--
Mimiko desu.