[Freeswitch-users] Play MP4 file into conference

Richard Screene richard.screene at thisisdrum.com
Fri Dec 15 13:51:34 UTC 2017

I am having problems attempting to play a MP4 video into a conference using mod_av.

I have built the 1.6.19 branch from source after removing the -pedantic compile flag to allow mod_av to compile.

My simple dial plan is:
```
    <extension name="test">
      <condition field="destination_number" expression="test">
        <action application="conference" data="conf1"/>
      </condition>
    </extension>
```

From fs_cli I then attempt to play the video using the command: "conference conf1 play /tmp/sample.mp4"

No error messages are visible in the console and I can hear the audio, but I do not see the video stream.

Strangely, when I do "uuid_broadcast <uuid> /tmp/sample.mp4" I get the audio and video (but obviously only to a single caller)

If I try on the code from the master branch then I do not video from either conference..play or uuid_broadcast.

Has anyone got any ideas why I cannot play video into a conference?

Also, is there any equivalent of uuid_fileman for files played into a conference?  I would like pause and seek functionality to affect the video of all participants in the conference.

Many thanks,
  Richard