[Freeswitch-users] bridge_generate_comfort_noise not honoring integer value for volume level

Matthew Meek mmeek at livexchange.com
Thu Dec 14 12:01:00 UTC 2017

I can successfully inject whitenoise on the bridged leg (audio from A leg towards the bridged call) in the dial plan by setting bridge_generate_comfort_noise=true. The whitenoise is quite loud and I would like to make it quieter or silent (I am just trying to keep the far end firewall port open during long periods of A leg not sending packets due to hold).  I have tried values of -1, 40,1400, and 4000 instead of true and they produce the same amount of whitenoise volume. The source code in switch_ivr_bridge.c looks like it indeed honors an integer value, but somehow the end result is always the same. If I do not set the variable I get no whitenoise, so the variable is indeed controlling whitenoise, just not the volume level of whitenoise. The codec is PCMU.

I can repeat this with 1.2, 1.4, and 1.6 branches of FS.

Matthew Meek