[Freeswitch-users] DTMF error

Enrico Vergata enrico.vergata at sewan.fr
Wed Dec 13 15:02:25 UTC 2017

Hello FS-users,

I'am trying to execute a python script, launched from the dialplan.

Everything works fine but at a given time I need to execute a TTS request to the gTTS module within python ( google translator API) to gather a .wav file to be played.
That's right after a DTMF is needed to select the good "if" condition.

FS performs good the task when it interact with Jisti but FS stop detect RTP DTMF Event when does not matter which other telephone/softphone is used.

Disabling the TTS request, FS detects well the RTP DTMF Event for both extension: Jitsi and the others.

I don't really know what might be the cause?

Anyway the script keeps carrying on and the media files are all well played.

I'm using FreeSWITCH Version 1.9.0 in Centos 7, I've replicated the script in Lua that has shown the same behavior with the exception that even with Jisti   FS stop detecting DTMF events.

Thanks you in advance for any help and idea.

Best regards,
Enrico