[Freeswitch-users] FS connecting to Avaya

Tom Lynn tom at tomlynn.com
Mon Dec 11 00:28:54 UTC 2017

Are you planning to peer directly to Communication Manager or using Avaya
Session Manager in between?  It can be done both ways.  If the requirement
is to transact only with Communication Manager a direct connection may work
out.

In that case I'd suggest you'll need to add a node-name (which is like a
host table entry) for FS and a signaling group of type SIP, along with a
trunk group whose channels are controlled by said signaling group.  Assume
TCP signaling to begin with and pay attention to your port numbers.  Some
may already be used by other signaling groups.

Codecs are assigned based on a network-region construct which is used to
model your voip network against your physical topology, supporting call
admission control and where DSP channels are sourced.  Since Avaya doesn't
use it's server host to mix audio, you'll have to know that the network
region you choose either has DSPs or a logical path to a region which does
is available.  The network region is assigned to the SIP signaling group in
a field called Far End Network region.

To point calls at the trunk group you'll have to set up a route pattern and
then place a dial string match in either an ARS analysis table (PSTN) or an
AAR analysis table (private network).

How are you thinking about using AES?  I don't see an easy interface, but
if you program TSAPI, it may be useful to get call events from the Avaya
side.

Tom Lynn