[Freeswitch-users] Pause Voicemail 'beep' when using skip instructions

Ryan Harris ryharris at airmail.cc
Tue Aug 22 18:44:42 UTC 2017

Here's a solution that might be considered a hack:

In your voicemail config
/etc/freeswitch/autoload_configs/voicemail.conf.xml, you can do
something like this with the tone-spec:

<param name="tone-spec" value="v=-63;%(5000, 0, 640);v=0;%(1000, 0, 640)" />

What's happening here is you are setting the volume to imperceptible and
then playing a tone for 5000 ms; then, the volume gets set to 0 dB and
plays the regular tone.

Of course change 5000 to whatever delay you want before the tone and
check to make sure that v=0 is a comfortable volume.