[Freeswitch-users] [OpenSIPS-Users] [SR-Users] ClueCon Slides: Industrial Grade FreeSWITCH, Scaling, Balancing, High Availability, SIP, WebRTC

Giovanni Maruzzelli gmaruzz at gmail.com
Sat Aug 19 13:28:59 UTC 2017

sent from mobile
cell: +39 347 266 56 18
Giovanni Maruzzelli
OpenTelecom.IT

On Aug 18, 2017 8:54 PM, "Tihomir Culjaga" <tculjaga at gmail.com> wrote:

On 18 August 2017 at 16:46, Giovanni Maruzzelli <gmaruzz at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 17 August 2017 at 11:20, Tihomir Culjaga <tculjaga at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> hi Giovanni, nice presentation!
>>
>> i got few questions tho :=)
>>
>> 1. you mentioned you use FusionPBX to provision. So, can it provision a
>> FS farm without switching from one FS to another ? I mean, can Fusion
>> provision a farm of FS as is not a single node per node ?
>>

> FusionPBX, if you use it, is able to provision (eg, to configure,
> reconfigure, etc) the PHONES that are used by the platform

To be honest, I tried FusionPBX once and there is a lot of lua under the
hood ... didn't like it at that time as im not that into lua (my fault
:=)). If this fixes phone provision only, i think its better having an
xml_curl config server to feed both PHONES and FreeSWITCH
(configuration/directory) across N number of FS nodes seamlessly .. no need
to partition anything.

>> 2. what do you use to "distribuite" VERTO calls from kamailio to FS(x).
>>

> as explained in the presentation, to distribute VERTO calls you either
> partition them on domain (eg, hash on domain client side as in case of
> multidomain, pbx in the cloud like), or distribute them using different
> redirected port for signaling (each port going to different backend
> machines). You can use iptables or HAProxy. For media, you assign each
> backend machine a different range of rtp ports, and redirect them from the
> front machine. You use iptables. VERTO has no trunking or external registar
> function. Neither has a proxy function.

i was planing to use nginx or haproxy to load balance websockets across
Freeswitch farm and iptables for RTP forwarding.

> 3. how do you configure "static" SIP trunks between FS(x) to allow VERTO
>> to VERTO calls across entire FS farm ?
>>

> You can have verto to verto calls only between verto users registered on
> the same machine. For users on different machines you will need to use
> traditional SIP routing, and use traditional sip addressing. Eg
> userA at domainA will call userB at domainB. Each user is registered via VERTO
> on a different machines. Call will be VERTO from userA to machineA SIP from
> machineA to machineB VERTO from machineB to userB

here i was thinking to create a location service on kamailio that will
respond with 302 message pointing to FS node having the correct verto
registration.

e.g.
- verto user1 registers, haproxy balances wss to node1
- verto user2 registres, haproxy balances wss to node2

when user1 calls user2, i can make FS1 ask for location ( INVITE ) to
kamailio, so i get a correct FS node in 302 contact. This way FS1 can place
a call to FS2 without any specific mambo jumbo dialplan... and especially,
anything static.

my goal is to have a setup where i don't need to group specific hosted pbx
group members on the specific node.

Yes, that is what I was meaning with traditional SIP trunking. And is the
only way to connect vertos in different machines. Btw, me too prefer to
have location on sip proxy.

As per FusionPBX, is not only a provisioning system, but a complete pbx
solution, multitenant, etc. So, if you decide to use it, and/or to offer
your customers, then you decide if you want to partition it based on
domains, or if you prefer to use a load balanced architecture. Both
topologies are reliable and can scale.

>>> http://confluence.freeswitch.org

consulting at freeswitch.org

FreeSWITCH-users at lists.freeswitch.org