[Freeswitch-users] [OpenSIPS-Users] [SR-Users] ClueCon Slides: Industrial Grade FreeSWITCH, Scaling, Balancing, High Availability, SIP, WebRTC

Giovanni Maruzzelli gmaruzz at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 14:46:29 UTC 2017

On 17 August 2017 at 11:20, Tihomir Culjaga <tculjaga at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi Giovanni, nice presentation!
>
> i got few questions tho :=)
>
> 1. you mentioned you use FusionPBX to provision. So, can it provision a FS
> farm without switching from one FS to another ? I mean, can Fusion
> provision a farm of FS as is not a single node per node ?

FusionPBX, if you use it, is able to provision (eg, to configure,
reconfigure, etc) the PHONES that are used by the platform

> 2. what do you use to "distribuite" VERTO calls from kamailio to FS(x).

as explained in the presentation, to distribute VERTO calls you either
partition them on domain (eg, hash on domain client side as in case of
multidomain, pbx in the cloud like), or distribute them using different
redirected port for signaling (each port going to different backend
machines). You can use iptables or HAProxy. For media, you assign each
backend machine a different range of rtp ports, and redirect them from the
front machine. You use iptables. VERTO has no trunking or external registar
function. Neither has a proxy function.

3. how do you configure "static" SIP trunks between FS(x) to allow VERTO to
> VERTO calls across entire FS farm ?

You can have verto to verto calls only between verto users registered on
the same machine. For users on different machines you will need to use
traditional SIP routing, and use traditional sip addressing. Eg
userA at domainA will call userB at domainB. Each user is registered via VERTO on
a different machines. Call will be VERTO from userA to machineA SIP from
machineA to machineB VERTO from machineB to userB

> 4. ...and many more but i will stop now :=)

:) Yes, I understand there can be enough for talking and writing for days
and weeks, and unfortunately I will I will not be able to further discuss
things in mailing list. But I hope I answered your questions.

That will be matter of a future book, maybe, and for sure for next
presentations.

So, get ready for ClueCon 2018, and the other important meetups of our
community like OpenSIPS Summits, Kamailio World, FOSDEM, etc :)

Thank you for nice words

-giovanni

> Regards,
> Tihomir
>

> On 17 August 2017 at 07:37, Giovanni Maruzzelli <gmaruzz at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On 17 August 2017 at 02:32, Adrian Georgescu <ag at ag-projects.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Giovanni,
>>>
>>> The creature on page 55 and 56 is a dude, man!
>>>

>> I was more focused on the other one, but yes, he's a dude. An happy dude
>> :)
>>
>> -giovanni

>> consulting at freeswitch.org
>> http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com