[Freeswitch-users] macOS urgent note for 24x7 folks on Sierra +

Mario G mario_fs at mgtech.com
Mon Aug 14 20:18:15 UTC 2017

If you have FreeSWITCH running 24x7 on Sierra (and eventually High Sierra), you must update the plist in LaunchAgents to the updated one in the wiki:
https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/macOS+24x7+Preparation#macOS24x7Preparation-CreatetheFreeSWITCHâ„¢plist <https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/macOS+24x7+Preparation#macOS24x7Preparation-CreatetheFreeSWITCH%E2%84%A2plist>

I spent months on this with Apple and instead of going into the very long story the short of it is: There was a design change (bug in my opinion) in 10.12.0, 10.12.1, 10.12.2, 10.12.5 and 10.12.6 (notice .3 and .4 were OK). Using the default process type macOS would not give CPU to FreeSWITCH even if nothing else was running. I tested this with other apps and it was not a problem, I could only make this happen with FreeSWITCH. I eventually found that overriding the process type resolved the issue in Sierra and High Sierra.
Mario G