[Freeswitch-users] Channel variables on a-leg and b-leg

Paul Mateer Paul.Mateer at outlook.com
Mon Aug 14 14:01:21 UTC 2017

Guys, I'm using the C# interface to FreeSWITCH to add the ability to make and receive calls in an existing software application.

I want to record the conversations on the server, but I need to be able to access the recording after the call is complete.

The Call-ID value seemed the perfect solution to this and I added the following action to my dialplan entry.

<action application="export" data="execute_on_answer=record_session $${base_dir}/recordings/${strftime(%Y.%m.%d_%H.%M.%S)}_${uuid}_${caller_id_number}.wav"/>

This seemed to work fine, as I would get recording files created with a Guid in the name, but on closer inspection I found that the Guid used in the filename was not the same Guid associated with the successfully placed call in the application. I assume that this is because the application sees the Call-ID for the a-leg, whereas the dialplan entry is executed in the b-leg and therefore has it's own separate Guid.

Is there any way in which I can expose the Call-ID (or some other custom channel variable) for the a-leg to the b-leg so that it will be accessible within the XML dialplan and therefore be usable when creating the recording file?

Thanks for any suggestions/assistance offered.