[Freeswitch-users] Persist outbound event socket after channel is destroyed

Sean Ingham sean at missionlabs.co.uk
Mon Aug 7 08:35:32 UTC 2017

I'm using the socket application in the dialplan to establish an outbound
event socket to my app. I use the async and full flags to expose full api
functionality.

I currently use myevents to filter only events related to the current
channel, I also use the linger command to ensure the socket stays up until
all channel events have been sent to my app (after which FS then tears down
the socket).

However, what I'm trying to do is prevent FS closing the socket at all, and
always leave it up to my app to close the socket when it's finished with
it. Is this possible with ESL in outbound mode?

In other words, I want the socket to linger longer :)

Sean.