[Freeswitch-users] Any plan to support DPDK?

Raymond xxxman2008 at 126.com
Mon Apr 24 12:02:00 MSD 2017

Hi,

   Yes, DPDK seems can not help with codec conversion (transcode).  But , DPDK will improve the packet throughput. And maybe ,just maybe, decrease the delay . And the biggest benifit from DPDK is you will get more cpu time for other task, such as "transcoding"( traditional nic work mode will eat much cpu on high traffic ).

   And DPDK is now  only work for  Intel NICs .

   Basically , Freeswitch is an "network application" , SO ,why not have an "DPDK" version.  Much helpful for high performance.

Raymond