[Freeswitch-users] Frequent Call Drops in Freeswitch conference call in GSM network

Deepika Yadav deepikay at iiitd.ac.in
Mon Apr 17 11:26:52 MSD 2017

Hi,

I involved in a research project where we have developed a mobile based
training system. Our server is Freeswitch based. The server on receiving
request from an android app establishs conference call amongst 21
participants over the cellular network by calling on their mobile numbers.
To achieve this, a VOIP-GSm gateway service is used offered by Doorvaani.
The participants locations are rural areas of India. We need to maintain
the conference call for atleast 1 hour as there is some kind of training
program.

We have tested our training platform by conducting 10 such conference
calls. However, one persistent problem that we are facing is frequent call
drops. In between of an on-going conference, some of the participants faces
call drops, to which we have adopted a workaround of redialing them.

One of the potential cause is the poor signal state in some areas, but
there are many people who have decent signal strength and still face call
drops.

We are not sure how can we investigate the matter as neither the VOIP-GSM
logs are available for us nor can we setup conference call with more than
5-6 participants using existing service providers.

Is this a problem from Freeswitch, can I debug? or should we setup our own
VOIP-GSM gateway as currently we are using web service from a company we
can not physically access the logs. I would be happy to get suggestions on
how to deal with this.

Regards
Deepika
https://www.iiitd.edu.in/~deepikay/