[Freeswitch-users] Post-processing conference recording

Chad Phillips chad at apartmentlines.com
Mon Apr 17 08:33:47 MSD 2017

I’m looking to do some simple post-processing on a recording made via
“conference foo recording start /tmp/bar.mp4” — in this case, just fix up
the file permissions and move it to a web-accessible directory.

I’m curious how others have approached this. My current plan is:

 - Fire up a simple event listener (probably a node.js service, running as
the same user that runs the FreeSWITCH process)

 - Listen for ‘del-member’ conference event, where Conference-Size is 0
(I'd prefer some kind of 'conference-end' event, but didn't find any
documentation saying something like that exists)

 - Locate the recording based on conference name, then handle the
perms/moving

Would love to hear a better/cleaner approach if anyone has one :)