[Freeswitch-users] Issue with 403 Forbidden outbound

Rick Ewart rick at ewart.net
Thu Apr 6 01:13:46 MSD 2017

Hi All.

I apologize for what seems to me to be a newbie question but I have been
searching and beating my head against the wall. Hoping someone might be
able to help as I know it has to be simple and I am just too dense to find
it online in the myriad of available information.

I have a SBC with a user setup on it (it's a commercial SBC that is
freeswitch based). If I setup a grandstream phone and register to it, it
works great and I can place an outbound call without issue. Nothing fancy
in my grandstream config - hostname of SBC in the SIP server field,
username in the Account Name, SIP User ID and Authenticate ID fields, and
a password. Registers immediately and all is well.

If I setup a freeswitch system to do the same, it doesn't want to work for
me. It seems to register fine and I see it registered when I do "sofia
status gateways" (and on the SBC too), but calls fail with 403 forbidden
from the SBC.

    Profile::Gateway-Name                               Data
State   Ping Time       IB Calls(F/T)   OB Calls(F/T)

=======================

       external::IsleCall       sip:ewart123 at mysiphost.ewart.net
REGED     0.00  0/0     2/2

Doing a packet capture at the SBC of the working and not working calls,
the key difference appears to be the From field.

On the failing one I see:

From: "1234 Rick" <sip:1234 at 99.122.123.123>;tag=raKDjmyU0vNfE

While on the working one I see:

From: "ewart123" <sip:ewart123 at mysiphost.ewart.net>;tag=263774504

My outbound gateway configuration on the freeswitch is:

<include>

<gateway name="IsleCall">

  <param name="proxy" value="mysiphost.ewart.net"/>

  <param name="username" value="ewart123"/>

  <param name="password" value="somepassword"/>

  <param name="realm" value="mysiphost.ewart.net"/>

  <param name="extension" value="ewart123 at mysiphost.ewart.net"/>

  <param name="caller-id-in-from" value="true"/>

  <param name="register" value="true"/>

  <param name="expire-seconds" value="600"/>

  <param name="retry-seconds" value="30"/>

</gateway>

</include>

Seems to me I am missing something simple to tell it to not use my
internal extension and IP but instead reflect the registered username at
the SBC, but I will be darned if I can figure out what that should be.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you may be able to provide.

Rick Ewart