[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH re-INVITE breaks CDRs???

Joel Serrano joel at gogii.net
Thu Sep 22 05:31:29 MSD 2016

Hi,

As I understand, freeswitch can handle re-invites. Ok till here, but, is
there any scenario where freeswitch will send a re-invite proactively ?

I'm facing the following problem:

Inbound call, from a random person to one of our numbers.
Call from: +1706288XXXX (random caller)
Call to: +1407602XXXX (our number)

This is the diagram:

For some reason, after X amount of time, FreeSWITCH sends out an INVITE. I
don't understand the reason. I have checked and there are no session-timers
in the initial request that could trigger it.

The problem is not the re-invite, the problem is that the CDR for this call
is messed up, because the sip_from_user ends up being the callee, and the
sip_to_user ends up being the caller.

I use a script to pull full XML cdrs from our database... The CDR for this
call has the following:

$ ./get_cdr_by_uuid.py '1367e1db-2df4-4c97-8b23-304f85493315' | grep -i -e
sip_from_user -e sip_to_user
    <sip_from_user_stripped>17062886161</sip_from_user_stripped>
    <sip_from_user>%2B14076027616</sip_from_user>
    <sip_to_user>%2B17062886161</sip_to_user>
$

As you can see, the sip_to_user, is the caller, (and this is probably
because of the re-invite from FS to the client). Also, isn't it weird that
the sip_from_user_stripped still has the original caller correctly, but the
sip_from_user is updated with the original callee?

I don't know if what can be happening.

This is happening on FS v1.6.10.

I have servers on older versions, I'm trying to reproduce to see if it is
related to that specific version of FS.

I'm also trying to get debug logs, which I currently don't have (because
they are disabled in prod).

Any initial ideas?

I think this might be a config setting or something, if it seems like a bug
or similar I'm happy to open a JIRA.

Thanks,
Joel.