[Freeswitch-users] FreeSwitch General Info

Michael Jerris mike at jerris.com
Thu Oct 13 20:41:13 MSD 2016

> On Oct 13, 2016, at 12:31 PM, Ahmed Munir <ahmedmunir007 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Few things I forgot to ask, the scale-ability I was referring to as horizontal scale and thanks for your input on that.
>
> For point#2, mod_curl you mentioned for realtime, will it sustain more than 500-1K CPS and will it stress out the httpd/apache service?

depends on the box.  Making the requests and parsing them has overhead, sure.  As I said, you need to test on your target hardware with your call flows to see for sure how it will size.  1kcps on one box is probably high to the point of having issues on single box.  Doing so across multiple boxes would be advised, i don’t like to put that many calls onto a single point of failure.  Will it stress the apache service…. that would be a factor of what you have to do over there, and 100% dependent on that code answering the request, its impossible for me to answer that question generically.

> For point#3, you mean to say Freeswitch doesn't use system files for media like Asterisk does?

Sure we can use system files for media.  You were asking about additional sockets, we have media sockets, if you are opening files of course that would use file handles as well.

> For point#4, multi-threading; I forgot to mentioned whether Freeswitch supports multi-processing? As Asterisk, it uses/runs on single process whereas OpenSIPs/Kamilio, we can set multiple child processes.

We are not forking.  You could manually launch multiple processes if you choose.