[Freeswitch-users] FreeSwitch General Info

Ahmed Munir ahmedmunir007 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 17:52:55 MSD 2016

Hi,

Currently I'm browsing different platforms online for open source VoIP
technologies as currently using Asterisk as PBX.

I would like to know following things about FreeSwitch;

1- FreeSwitch whether supports realtime integration sip profiles/extensions
(using DB) and dialplan? (Just like in Asterisk)
2- On average, how many extensions and active calls (CPS) it can sustain?
3- For a call channel, will it create or use system sockets (openfile)? As
you know that Asterisk create/open and consume the system sockets for each
call.
4- Will it supports single thread or multithreading?
5- Is it scale-able in term of setting up as a cluster(s)?

I'll be glad to hear it from you.

--
Regards,

Ahmed Munir Chohan