[Freeswitch-users] Achieving streaming ASR

Brian West brian at freeswitch.org
Mon Oct 10 20:37:07 MSD 2016

It can return as many as it wants, as it gets them from the speech server,
there really is no limit in the ASR/TTS interface, We reuse handles in the
MRCP interface module.

/b

On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 11:29 AM, Dave Horton <daveh at beachdognet.com> wrote:

> Just an FYI on a couple of points:
>
> 1) I’ve tried to implment support for Nuance NCS API as an asr_tts
> module.  tts works fine, but asr / transcription does not seem possible
> because the NCS API is not really suited for a streaming application.
> Based on my experience (and I opened tickets with them to try to resolve,
> to no avail), their server does not handle streaming because when I start
> sending small-ish chunks of audio using chunked-encoding, they immediately
> return me a “no speech” result.  They seem to expect that you have a
> recorded file on disk that you can ship over in much larger chunks.
>
> 2) I’m not completely sure I agree that transcription fits into the asr
> part of the asr_tts modules.  Some of these cloud-based services support
> providing a stream of interim results while the speaker is talking, and
> this would be very useful to propogate up to the freeswitch application (or
> esl) but the asr_tts pattern seems to be to return a single speech result
> at the end of a segment of speech.
>
> Dave
>

> On Oct 10, 2016, at 11:54 AM, Michael Jerris <mike at jerris.com> wrote:
>
> This should be implemented the way we implement other speech interfaces.
>

> > On Oct 8, 2016, at 4:53 PM, Luca Pradovera <luca.pradovera at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> > following a discussion on IRC, I thought I would move this here so it is
> more async.
> >
> > The need is to be able to use Nuance/IBM Watson/Google Speech APIs in
> streaming mode for real-time transcription (essentially, captioning a video
> conference and getting a transcript of the proceedings).
> >
> > My first idea was to simply get the frames from a recording as it is
> being written, though there might be some obstacles there.
> >
> > It was suggested the media bugs infrastructure would work, at the C
> level, though I need to check which formats it supports.
> >
> > Do you have any other suggestions?
> >
> > Thank you!
> >
> > Luca

> http://confluence.freeswitch.org

> http://confluence.freeswitch.org

*Brian West*
brian at freeswitch.org

*Twitter: @FreeSWITCH , @briankwest*
http://www.freeswitchbook.com (50% Discount using code FreeSwitch50)
http://www.freeswitchcookbook.com (50% Discount using code FreeSwitch50)
https://www.gofundme.com/freeswitch_ubuntu

Got Bugs? Report them here <https://freeswitch.org/jira>! | Reddit:
/r/freeswitch <https://www.reddit.com/r/freeswitch>

*T:*+19184209001 | *F:*+19184209002 | *M:*+1918424WEST (9378)
*iNUM:*+883 5100 1420 9001 | *ISN:*410*543 | *Skype:*briankwest