[Freeswitch-users] Problem with CALL PICKUP (intercept) in QUEUES (mod_callcenter)

Ewgeny evoip at ukr.net
Tue Nov 15 18:47:01 MSK 2016

Hi !

First about terminology: *Call Pickup*the ability to pull a ringing call
to the phone you are currently on.

Call Pickup = Call Intercept = Call group pickup.

We're using FreeSWITCH version: 1.6.8~64bit in our complex telephony
system with Kamailio and other SIP services.

The problem with call pickup (intercept) when using a Queue
(mod_callcenter).

The group pickup scheme we are using described here:
http://www.tech-invite.com/fo-sip/tinv-fo-sip-service-16.html.

We do SUBSCRIBE (3 see link) to some our service - that return
information about the call (call legs) in NOTIFY with XML body (5).

Then we do an INVITE with REPLACES (7) that actually do the Intercept.

This works on normal calls, but doesn't work with Queues.

In the queue a few agents simultaneously calling, and when INVITE w
Replace headers comes it didn't intercept the call.

The question is: how to implement Call Group Pickup (Call Intercept)
with mod_callcenter ?

If it necessary i can add call sip traces for more details.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards Ewgeny.