[Freeswitch-users] Routing outbound calls to user extension

Murat Knecht murat.knecht at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 30 14:35:15 MSD 2016

Hello,

I want to route outbound calls to my user-extension-connected
softphone, and would like to know which mechanism to use.

The IVR system I develop makes calls and then reacts to keypresses
(reverse DTMF). For testing purposes, I'd like to route those outbound
calls to my softphone — the advantage of that is that the IVR system
can remain unchanged, calling numbers in the US or Philippines, while
I still test with my local softphone.

Regarding my setup, I have a FS 1.2.24 with two softphones connected
as user extensions 1001 and 1002. Calling between those phones works,
and I can originate calls to them, with user/1001 for example. Then, I
have an external gateway “lan” and a dialplan setup, which I want to
use to originate calls from the IVR (those are just the default
configs, as they should not matter, except the bridge / routing config
inside).

If I do a call to a Philippines number:

  originate sofia/external/lan/639123298392 &echo()

Currently, this gives me:

[WARNING] mod_sofia.c:5089 Cannot locate registered user lan/63282932 at external

I don't understand why an *external* number would need to or could be
registered.

To address my original requirement, I tried adding an unconditional
bridge to user/1001 to the dialplan, which is otherwise empty.

  <extension name="lan_pstn">
    <condition field="destination_number" expression="^(.*)$">
      <action application="bridge" data="user/1001"/>
    </condition>
  </extension>

This has no effect. (Still the above error.)

If I add a hostname to the number, an INVITE is sent, and then I get a
different error:

    originate sofia/external/lan/1001 at hostname &echo()

    [NOTICE] sofia.c:6702 Hangup sofia/external/lan/1001 at hostname
[CS_CONSUME_MEDIA] [NORMAL_TEMPORARY_FAILURE]

My question is: How can I configure this gateway that all outbound
calls are accepted (nobody needs to be registered) and are then routed
to a user extension, i.e. never leave the “local setup”?

Thank you,

Murat

P.S.: Needed to resubscribe, sorry if this ends up duplicate.