[Freeswitch-users] major build change in master.

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 02:05:36 MSK 2016

On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 10:44 PM, Michael Jerris <mike at jerris.com> wrote:
> what deps do you have that have conflicting versions?  I didn't run into any.  The ones i ran in to were all missing not version conflicts.  The only couple libs i have seen where we tend to run into version conflicts were vpx (which we now have in tree due to how bad that issue was) and libpng.  For libpng its probably worth getting the base distro to update it as most distros have painfully old versions and there is no real reason not to update it, it seems to be backwards api compatible.

The issue I ran into was with libspeexdsp, which I originally grabbed from CSW.

So I could compile and run FS with this dependency, but when I tried
to construct a package for FS using pkgdepend, it could not resolve
the dependency for libspeexdsp because of the way that the RUNPATH was
configured in the assembly:

$ elfdump /opt/csw/lib/64/libspeexdsp.so.1 | grep RUNPATH
/opt/csw/lib/64/libspeexdsp.so.1: .SUNW_version: zero sh_entsize
information, expected 0x1
    [5]  RUNPATH     0x7f4    /opt/csw/lib/$ISALIST:/opt/csw/lib/64

So I was trying to see if could supply a custom libspeexdsp to see if
that fixed the pkgdepend issue.

And in doing so, I ran into the updated libvpx tree.