[Freeswitch-users] FreeTDM Channel Driver for Asterisk

Ronaldo Borges byasus at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 19:27:49 MSK 2016

Hi all,

I am a new user of FreeSWITCH and I passed the last few days studying the
code from FreeTDM module.
I am also a new user of Asterisk and I also studied the chan_dahdi code.
At the FreeTDM wiki page I read that FreeTDM (FreeSWITCH) is equivalent to
chan_dahdi (Asterisk).
I considered FreeTDM code much better written than chan_dahdi.
I was thinking about doing a "chan_freetdm" (FreeTDM Channel Driver for
Asterisk).
Anyone could tell if is it possible? If not, why?
Is there a rocky road to this work?

Best regards,

--
Ronaldo.