[Freeswitch-users] mod_local_stream strange behavior

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 19:01:50 MSK 2016

That's the expected behaviour of that module.

When you create a local stream you have a single stream of that file
playing in a continuous loop. That stream is not connected to any call.
When you play that stream to a call they're listening in on that stream at
whichever point it is currently at.

The advantage of this is that you're only playing the file once and sending
it to multiple listeners, which can give some performance benefits. For
listening in on something like hold music it probably doesn't matter that
you're not hearing it from the start.

You could restart the stream to jump back to the start, but that means
it'll jump for every other listener too (assuming the API would even run
while they're attached without blocking).

Just play the file to them directly rather than with local_stream://