[Freeswitch-users] Codec Reset Issue With Media Bug Invoked On Both Call Legs

Jon Lederman jonlederman at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 16:37:45 MSD 2016

Hi,

We are utilizing a module that performs processing on audio using a media bug.  We are finding that if the media bug is invoked on only one call leg, we are seeing very frequent codec resets on the call leg that doesn’t have the media bug invoked leading to very choppy audio.  If the media bug is on both call legs we don’t see the issue or the number of codec resets is much lower.

Any thoughts on what may be causing this and why having the media bug on both call legs would make a difference?

Thanks.

-Jon