[Freeswitch-users] play_and_get_digits issue

Colin Morelli colin.morelli at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 00:38:34 MSD 2016

Hello,

I'm trying to use play_and_get_digits with mod_ssml to speak an SSML string
while listening for DTMF tones. However, I seem to be having an issue with
how to escape the playback string. If I execute:

<action application="play_and_get_digits" data="0 1 1 5000 #
silence_stream://5000 silence_stream://250 digits" />

Everything works great, but if I instead do

<action application="play_and_get_digits" data="0 1 1 5000 #
ssml://<speak>Hello there</speak> silence_stream://250 digits" />

I hear the audio and FS collects the digits, but it doesn't assign the
dialplan variable. I can only assume that this is a result of the space in
the "Hello there" string, but I can't figure out how to properly escape it
(wrapping in single quotes doesn't seem to work, setting a channel variable
and using that doesn't seem to work).

Am I missing something obvious here? Tried to search the documentation for
escaping dialplan variables but didn't find anything.

Thanks,
Colin