[Freeswitch-users] mod_gsmopen: are USB dongles the only option?

Stanislav Sinyagin ssinyagin at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 18:05:48 MSD 2016

does anyone know a GSM/UMTS/LTE modem that has mini-PCIe interface and
is able to deliver voice signal that can be passed to mod_gsmopen?

The only one that has any kind of voice signal that I found, is Huawei
MU609 and the like. But they deliver PCM voice as a raw signal on
mini-PCIe pins which are marked as "reserved" in the interface
specifications, so normally the boards don't have any wiring for those
pins.

I just don't like the idea of an USB dongle, and there are many
hardware platforms with mini-PCIe interfaces. They work perfectly for
mobile data, but I couldn't find any option for voice.