[Freeswitch-users] Calling WebRTC + IP Phones Through Proxy

Colin Morelli colin.morelli at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 19:57:05 MSD 2016

Hey all,

I'm looking to be able to dial out to both WebRTC and IP phones through a
cluster of proxy servers. Normally, FS is smart enough (I believe) to send
separate INVITEs based on the type of clients registered. However, in this
case FS has no idea who is registered since that happens at another layer.

I'm able to make WebRTC calls by setting media_webrtc=true. But this breaks
the ability for some IP phones to understand the SDP.

Now, I should pretty easily be able to fork two separate dials to the
proxy, one with a WebRTC SDP and one with a standard RTP/SRTP SDP. Then, in
the proxy, filter the recipients of each call appropriately.

Is this a reasonable strategy? Any other suggestions?

Best,
Colin