[Freeswitch-users] Capturing audio from a call and streaming it to another app

Bob T captain.mubbers at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 13:49:42 MSD 2016

Hello,

I am fairly new to the world of Freeswitch and am a bit puzzled how to
implement a particular use-case.

The first use-case I implemented involved writing a modpython script which
recorded some voice to a file, where the file was terminated when it
detected silence... After it was saved to a file I uploading the wav file
to another application...

Now, the next use-case is a bit different... Instead of recording a short
segment of voice to a file, I would like to be able to capture the entire
voice conversation. In other words, I would like to stream the bytes of the
entire voice conversation to another application.

Can this use-case be implemented using modpython/lua or should it be done
by other means?

Thanks,
Bob