[Freeswitch-users] Ringback, MOH or file playback while executing dial plan instructions

Emrah lists at kavun.ch
Thu Jan 14 22:48:42 MSK 2016

I’m really starting to feel like a pain in the rear-end. But this isn’t what I’m looking for. I’m familiar with how marvelous local_stream is, and all the stuff we can do in terms of customizing a ringback.
What I’m trying to do is generate a fake ringback without invoking a bridge action. I want to launch the ringback and have FS move on to the next dial plan instruction.
The next dial plan instruction could be for instance a sleep for 5000 seconds, followed by a hangup. This should in effect play the fake ringback for 5 seconds and then proceed to hang up the call.
How do you do that?
ring_ready only sends a 180 to an unanswered channel.
At least in my case it didn’t start playing whatever I had in my ringback or transfer_ringback variables in a situation where the channel was in answered mode or early media mode.

Thanks!