[Freeswitch-users] switch.conf.xml sessions-per-second issue

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue Jan 12 04:32:32 MSK 2016

Hello,

On 01/11/2016 09:04 AM, Grant Bagdasarian wrote:

> Does FS always reply with a 503 Maximum Calls In Progress regardless of
> the amount of calls attempts?

What do you mean by "always"? That's rather confusing in light of your
next question:

> So if the sessions-per-second is 10 and I generate 20 CPS, the remaining
> 10 will get a 503?
>
> Does this also apply to an higher number of attempts?

If you generate 20 CPS and Freeswitch uses a "taildrop"-style algorithm
to reject the "remaining" 10, that's certainly not "always".

What is the actual question being asked here? It sounds like it's about
the algorithm Freeswitch uses to determine which calls to reject once a
rate limit is reached?

-- Alex

303 Perimeter Center North, Suite 300
Atlanta, GA 30346
United States

Tel: +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free) / +1-678-954-0671 (direct)