[Freeswitch-users] discriminate between session answered by users and voice mail automatic messages

sharigo roma sharigosrl at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 01:24:41 MSK 2016

Dear freeswitchers,

is there a way to understand if a new session originated from a python
handler has been actually answered by the remote user or by the operator
voice mail with a message like "the customer you are trying to reach is not
available at the moment" ?

The python code looks something like the following:

def handler(session, args):
 ## I do various things.... and than

 session_string = str("sofia/gateway/MY_GW/0039123456789”)
 new_session = freeswitch.Session(session_string)
 if new_session.ready():
    # I get here also in case of automatic voice mail message
 else:
    # I supposed i’d get here in case of automatic “unreachable” messages…

Thanks in advance
Lorenzo