[Freeswitch-users] Where to put Jitterbuffer?

Rajil Saraswat rajil.s at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 01:44:53 MSK 2016

Hello,

I have two FS instances connected to each other over VPN. The VPN
sometimes has poor connectivity and I was wondering whether
jitterbuffer can help to improve the call quality. I am using the OPUS
codec between the FS instances since it is supposed to behave better
in lower bandwidth. The ATA on both ends are Linksys SPA3102.

My connections is as follows:

ATA_A---->FS_A---->vpn---->FS_B---->ATA_B

When user A is calling to B where should i specify jitter buffer
amongst the following:

1. The bridge between Freeswitch instance FS_A and FS_B
<action application="bridge"
data="{jitterbuffer_msec=60}sofia/gateway/$1 at FS_B_IP"/>

2. The bridge between Freeswitch instance FS_B and ATA_B
<action application="bridge"
data="{jitterbuffer_msec=60}sofia/internal/$1 at ATA_B_IP"/>

Thanks,
Rajil