[Freeswitch-users] Does freeswitch forks his processes?

Vladislav Ivanov deforceczt at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 15:08:49 MSK 2016

Hey guys,

I have a question about freeswitch process/threading usage.
So far that I haven't noticed freeswitch to fork himself, I have only 1
freeswitch instance.
http://i.imgur.com/bdbYOwp.png

But then I found screenshot of htop with freeswitch and noticed that there
is multiple freeswitch processes being run:
http://i.imgur.com/VNpl55z.jpg

I'm having issues with "loading" the freeswitch after 50 cps in any cpu/ram
configuration.
Be it physical or virtual environment I cant pass the 50 cps mark.
I have strange issue with CPU usage on same CPS:

http://i.imgur.com/8BdQWVL.png
http://i.imgur.com/mWRnoGr.png

I timeload test freeswitch with 50cps for 5+ hours, and seems like there is
some kind of leak somewhere.
I have tested configuration on:
Debian 8
2 core/8 gb ram
4 core/8 gb ram (graphs are from here)
8 core/32 gb ram

and in all the tests I were not able to send more than 50 cps without CPU
dropping to 0 with all system starting to respond really laggy.

Test is:
sipp -> freeswitch -> sipp

Just 1 dialpeer with bridge action. No gateways. Just simple dialplan and 1
profile...
Any advice?

Thank you all