[Freeswitch-users] different ringtone when called party is already busy on another call

Yehavi Bourvine yehavi.bourvine at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 15:57:29 MSK 2016

Hi,

  To make it easier, let's call the main extension A, and the secondary
extension B. When someone calls B and A is busy, you want the
"call-waiting" signal to be heard.

Note: I've taken snippets from my dial plan and changed them in order to
readable without my context; hence, they might not work on first attempt.

First, I've added a new parameter to the B's directory entry called
"chk_ring" which has the value of B.

First, you have to tell mod_limit to track calls to/from the main extension
(I am doing that for all extensions) with the following commands before
calling the bridge application:

     <action application="limit" data="hash max_calls ${dest} -1
HANGUP_USER_BUSY" />
This causes mod_limit to track the calls to that extension.

BTW, it is adviseable to add also the following setting in order to count
correctly when doing call transfer:
<action application="set" data="limit_ignore_transfer=false" />

Next, during a new call process you have to check the limit of A extension
with the following:

<extension name="Intercom" continue="true">
    <condition break = "never" >
        <action application="set"
data="chk_number=${user_data(${destination_number}@${domain_name} var
chk_ring)}" inline="true"/>
                <action application="set"
data="OrigDest=${destination_number}"  --- Save the original number
                <action application="limit" data="hash max_calls
${chk_ring} 1 ChangeRingBack" />
    </condition>
</extension>

And then add a ChangeRingBack extension:
<extension name="ChangeRingBack" continue="true">
  <condition field="destination_number" expression="^limit_exceeded$">
     <action application="set" data="ringback=${callwait-ring}" />
  --- Do the bridge.
    </condition>
</extension>

>>> http://confluence.freeswitch.org