[Freeswitch-users] Windows Azure and Freeswitch Compatibility / Issue

Gregor Nanger gregor at infomedia.si
Tue Dec 13 20:31:49 MSK 2016

Hi!

We have Vm in Azure. Open ports in Azure FW as stated on FS confluence. And
set ext-ip rtp and sip to your public ip. And this should work.

We also use Azure MS sql DB via Odbc in FS instead of internal sqlite. Xml
dial plan is feed from asp.net hosted on Azure via xml_curl.

On Tue, Dec 13, 2016, 18:25 Duke, Jeremy <Jeremy.Duke at absg.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I’m fairly new to FS and hopeful that someone can help me with this
> problem. We are trying to do a basic POC and make sure FS can work on
> Azure.
>

> *Setup:*
>
> Azure (MS Cloud)
>
> Windows 2008 R2
>
> FS Installed
>
> X Lite Softphone Installed on Server
>

> *Current State / Issue:*
>
> I’m able to use the softphone to register, make extension calls, etc. from
> the server itself using local IP address (10.0.0.4). However, when I use
> the servers public IP address I can’t register the softphone. I’m sure I’ll
> have NAT issues to deal once I get past the phone registration. However,
> given I don’t see registration attempts I’m thinking I have configuration
> issue within FS (ACL, …).
>

> *Things I’ve Done:*
>
> -          I’ve opened up UDP and TCP port ranges 5000-9000 for both
> inbound and outbound in Azure Portal.
>
> -          I opened ticket with MS and we used network trace to verify
> that UDP traffic was mapping into server from outside and getting through
> the Azure firewall (network security group). I had initially suspected this
> as culprit, but MS is telling me they now allow UDP traffic.
>
> -          Ran FS_CLI in debug to look at registry events and I get
> nothing on the failed registry attempts.
>
> -          Looked at FS log. I don’t see any clues.
>

> Thoughts on issue? Anyone else had experiences with Azure and FS.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Jeremy
>

> ------------------------------
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE. This electronic mail transmission may contain
> privileged, confidential and/or protected health information and is
> intended only for the review of the party to whom it is addressed.  Any
> unauthorized use or disclosure of the information contained herein may be a
> violation of federal law, including the Health Insurance Portability and
> Accountability Act (HIPAA). If you have received this transmission in
> error, please immediately return it to the sender, delete it  and destroy
> it without reading it. Unintended transmission shall not constitute the
> waiver of the attorney-client or any other privilege.

> http://confluence.freeswitch.org

Gregor Nanger

*CTO*
t./f.: 00386 (0) 7 6000 308/309 • m:. 00386 (0)41 756485
• Infomedia d.o.o. • Jerebova 3, Novo mesto, Slovenia
• www.infomedia.si