[Freeswitch-users] RE- FreeSWITCH originate api command question

Andrew Keil andrew.keil at visytel.com
Tue Dec 6 12:57:45 MSK 2016

To FreeSWITCH Users,

I have a need to have the FreeSWITCH originate API command to return ASAP (and not wait for 200 OK SDP (ie. CONNECT)).

My FreeSWITCH version is the latest production release 1.6.13.

This is easy to test from fs_cli:
originate {call_timeout=45,ignore_early_media=true,return_ring_ready=true}sofia/gateway/mygateway/xxxxxxxxxx;user=phone 5000

Where: xxxxxxxxxx = outbound phone number

After looking at my SIP Trunk provider's SIP Flow the following happens:

Tx: INVITE SDP
Rx: 100 Trying
Rx: 183 Session Progress SDP
Tx: RTP {early media}
Rx: 180 Ringing
Rx: 200 OK SDP
Tx: ACK
Rx: BYE
Tx: 200 OK

Based on the above flow, I understand that since 183 SDP is received then the 180 Ringing is not used by FreeSWITCH (based on reading other comments on this topic), therefore what settings should I use inside the originate command in order for the originate API call to return and start service 5000 flow when 183 SDP is received.

My questions:

1)      Should ignore_early_media=true or ignore_early_media=false or ignore_early_media=ring_ready for originate to return when 183 SDP is received?

2)      Will return_ring_ready=true have no affect based on the above call flow?

3)      Are there any other settings that I should use to enable originate to return when 183 SDP is received?

Kind Regards,

Andrew Keil